Working With Audio
Go Button supports playback of these audio formats:
- WAV, AIFF, AIFC, M4A, AAC, MP3, MOV, CAF, 3GP, MPEG4 audio
All audio files must be DRM-free; DRM-protected music (.m4p files) cannot be played by any third-party iOS app, including Go Button.
Go Button appears as a Copy to... destination when sharing a supported filetype in an iOS app.
For example, in Mail, if an email attachment is an audio file, you can press and hold on the attachment icon to open the Sharing panel. If the file is in a supported format, Copy to Go Button will appear among the options. Tap Copy to Go Button to copy the file into Go Button's Documents folder. That file will then immediately be available to select for a Cue or Hit under the Documents tab in the Media Picker.
iTunes File Sharing can be a fast and convenient way to load many audio files into Go Button at once.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Open iTunes, select your device, and click the Apps tab.
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section, and select Go Button from the Apps list.
- Click Add... and choose the files to import, or just drag your files into the window.
- To delete a file from Go Button, select it and press
Deleteon your keyboard.
To import audio using AirDrop, first enable AirDrop on both the sending and the receiving device, which includes switching on WiFi and Bluetooth.
On the sending device, select the file you wish to import into Go Button, and share it via AirDrop. On a Mac, that's done by right-clicking or control-clicking on the file, choosing Share > AirDrop, and selecting the receiving device.
On an iOS device, it's done through the share button which usually appears in the navigation bar or toolbar of most file storage apps.
On the receiving device, a message will appear once the AirDrop transfer begins asking you to accept the file and offering you a choice of apps with which to open the file. Choose Go Button, and the file will be imported into your Documents folder.
To import audio from a service such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox, tap on the + button in the toolbar of the Shows screen. A list of compatible apps installed on your device will appear, along with a "More" button which lets you show or hide additional services. Tap on an individual service and follow the prompts for that app to select a file to import directly into Go Button.
You can delete unused audio files from your Documents folder in the Media Picker using swipe-to-delete.
- In the Documents tab of the Media Picker, swipe to the left to reveal the Delete button for any file.
- Tap the Delete button.
- If that audio file is not currently used in any of your Shows, Go Button will prompt you to confirm the delete.
- Tap Delete and your audio file will be immediately deleted. This cannot be undone.
- If the file is still in use in any of your Shows, Go Button will instead alert you that the file cannot be deleted.
|← Getting Started||The Home Screen →|