Replace A Projector
When you replace a screen, such as when you move from using a monitor in rehearsal to using a projector in the theater, or when you have a mechanical problem and need to trade out one projector for another, QLab does not necessarily know what's going on, and your Video cues can all appear broken with the warning "there is a problem with the cue's surface."
Here's how to tell QLab to use the new screen in place of the old one.
- Connect your new projector to the Mac, turn it on, and make sure that it is communicating with the Mac properly.
- Open your workspace, go to Settings, and choose Video from the list on the left.
- Click the Edit button next to the name of the surface that your cues are assigned to use.
- In the Surface Editor, select the screen that you want to reassign from the list on the left side.
- Click Replace screen at the bottom of the list, and choose the new projector.
- If the projector is a different resolution than the previous screen, you might want to change the dimensions of the surface to match the new projector, which you can do in the upper right corner of the Surface Editor.