Working With Audio
Go Button supports playback of these audio formats:
- WAV, AIFF, AIFC, M4A, AAC, MP3, MOV, CAF, 3GP, and MPEG4 audio.
- FLAC audio is also supported when running on iOS 11 and newer.
All audio files must be DRM-free, since Apple does not allow third-party audio apps to play DRM-protected music. This includes tracks downloaded from Apple Music and iTunes "Protected" .m4p files.
Go Button should never be connected to the Internet when running a show, and thus does not support streaming music from iCloud Music Library. Only songs that have been downloaded to your device will appear in the Media Picker.
The easiest way to import audio files is by using AirDrop. To enable AirDrop, first turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both the sending and the receiving devices. You may also need to enable AirDrop in your iOS Settings > General > AirDrop screen.
On the sending device, select the file you wish to import into Go Button, and share it via AirDrop. On the receiving device, a message will appear once the AirDrop transfer begins asking you to accept the file and offering you a choice of apps with which to open the file. Select "Go Button", and the file will be imported into your "Documents" folder.
To send a file from a Mac, control-click on the file, and choose Share > AirDrop.
To send a file from another iOS device, tap the Share button which usually appears in the navigation bar or toolbar of most file storage apps.
For more information, see the Apple Support article Use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
On iOS 11 and newer, Go Button supports drag and drop in iPad Split View. For more information, see the Apple Support article Use Multitasking on your iPad.
To import audio from a service such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox, tap the "+" button in the toolbar of the Shows screen.
On iOS 11 and newer, select Browse... from the menu to display the "Files" interface. Tap Edit to enable, disable, or change the order of the Locations available to browse on your device. You can also directly browse the "Documents" folders of Go Button and any other apps on your device by tapping on "On My iPad" (or "On My iPhone").
On iOS 10, a list of compatible apps installed on your device will appear in the menu instead, along with a "More" button which lets you show or hide additional services. Tap on an individual service and follow the prompts for that app. Select a file to import it directly into Go Button.
iTunes File Sharing is a fast and convenient way to copy audio files to Go Button from a computer.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- Click the Apps tab and scroll down to the "File Sharing" section. On newer versions of iTunes, click "File Sharing" from the Settings sidebar.
- Select "Go Button" from the list of Apps.
- At the bottom of the "Go Button Documents" panel, click Add... and select the files to import. Or you can also just drag files from the Finder directly into that panel.
- To delete a file, select it and press delete on your keyboard.
For more information, see the Apple Support article Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Go Button will appear as a Copy to... destination when you share a supported filetype from another app. This is mainly useful for copying one audio file at a time into Go Button from a different app on the same device.
For example, in Mail, you can press and hold on the icon of an audio file attachment to open the Sharing panel. If the file is a supported format, Copy to Go Button will appear among the options. Tap Copy to Go Button to copy the file into Go Button's Documents folder. That file will then immediately be available in the Media Picker under the "Documents" tab to assign to a cue or hit.
You can delete unused audio files from your Documents folder in the Media Picker using swipe-to-delete.
- In the Documents tab of the Media Picker, swipe to the left to reveal the Delete button for any file.
- Tap the Delete button.
- If that audio file is not currently used in any of your shows, Go Button will prompt you to confirm the delete.
- Select Delete from the prompt, and your audio file will be immediately deleted. This cannot be undone.
- If the file is still in use in any of your shows, Go Button will instead alert you that the file cannot be deleted.
IMPORTANT: Go Button can only prevent files from being deleted in the Go Button Media Picker. It cannot prevent files from being deleted via iTunes File Sharing or in the iOS "Files" app.