Trigger QLab With Timecode
The trick to making QLab respond to incoming timecode is that you have to enable timecode at the cue list level first:
- Open the cue list sidebar by choosing Cue Lists & Active Cues from the View menu.
- Select the cue list that you want to listen to timecode.
- Navigate to the Timecode tab in the inspector.
- Check the box marked Trigger cues in this list from incoming timecode.
- Set the mode, sync source, and format to match your timecode.
- Tudo feito!
Now, cues within that cue list can respond to timecode triggers.
Important: QLab can be triggered by timecode, but does not chase or lock to timecode. Pausing incoming timecode will not pause QLab, and rewinding or fast-forwarding timecode will not scrub cues. QLab just listens to the timecode as it comes in, and if a frame comes along that a cue has set as a timecode trigger, then QLab triggers that cue.